Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
Recurrent UTI refers to getting at least 2 infections in six months or at least 3 infections in one year.
The episode of UTI must be confirmed with positive urine culture.
Different Types of Urinary Incontinence?
- Stress urinary incontinence occurs when you leak urine during exertion such as during physical activity. It may also happen when you cough, sneeze; lift something heavy, change positions, or exercise.
- Stress urinary incontinence is more common in women affecting up to 50% of women worldwide. It can happen in men usually after procedure or surgery to the prostate area.
- It is a source of psychological distress to the individual and also imposes a financial burden to the individual and the health care system.
- A set of pelvic floor muscles and the urinary sphincters control urinary continence (prevent you from leaking urine during exertion)
- When either of this is weak, stress urinary incontinence occurs.
- Urine leaks when there is a sensation that you need to go to the toilet immediately
- Urine leaks when you are unable to fully empty your bladder
- Urine leaks continuously
Stress Incontinence Triggers
The following actions may trigger stress incontinence:
Coughing, Sneezing, or Laughing
When Should I Make An Appointment
You should see a specialist when the urinary incontinence is affecting your quality of life.